Last Updated: November 1, 2023
Effective: December 1, 2023
The Information We Collect
Wyse collects information by various methods including information actively provided by its users, and information arising from the provision of its Services.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Identification information such as name;
- Customer contact information such as email, address and phone number;
- Payment information;
- Energy consumption information;
- Voice recordings associated with calls to and from our customer service representatives and information related to the call you share with us on the call; and
- Usage data about how you use our Services, including your access date and time, browser type and language, the pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Wyse may see personal information on customer systems while providing its services, and the data Wyse processes may contain personal information.
How We Use This Information
We may use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our services including access to our website;
- To contact you about our Services;
- To process your request for information;
- To track and analyze usage in connection with our Services;
- To respond to you or to send news and information including our electronic newsletters based on your communication preferences and applicable law;
- To customize, improve and enhance our Services;
- To protect our rights, the security and integrity of our Services;
- To enforce our terms, other applicable agreements and policies;
- To verify your identity;
- To investigate security breaches and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you.
We may collect voice recordings for the purposes of accuracy, monitoring quality of staff performance, enforcing our rights, investigating and resolving complaints, identifying training needs and detecting, investigating, and preventing crime.
We may use meta data, aggregate, or anonymous information which will not be linked to identified individuals (whether they are customers, customer employees, end users of our products, or otherwise) for various other uses such as to improve user experience, service capabilities, and to limit risk.
Who We Share Your Information With
Wyse does not share personal information with any third parties except as disclosed in this Policy. Wyse may disclose personal information as follows:
- With our consultants, subcontractors and professional advisers (which shall be bound by privacy obligations) to assist Wyse for the purposes disclosed herein;
- With our affiliates for the purposes described above;
- When permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process or governmental request;
- To meet legal obligations;
- To an entity buying all or substantially all of our assets or ownership interests;
- If we believe a disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) enforce or comply with our terms or other applicable agreements or policies, (ii) to protect our rights or security or integrity of our Services, or (iii) to protect us, our users or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
Wyse may use subcontractors located outside of Canada who may have access to personal information in connection with the services provided by Wyse. You understand that any personal information accessed, processed or stored in other jurisdictions outside of Canada will be protected with appropriate safeguards but may also be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where such personal information is held.
We use different types of cookies, including:
- user input cookies;
- authentication cookies; and
- analytics cookies.
We use security safeguards appropriate to our size and complexity, the nature and scope of our activities and the sensitivity of the information. We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards, to protect personal information.
We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that information in our possession or control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify you if your information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
Retention and Disposal
We retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which such information is collected unless longer retention is required under the law. Any personal information that is no longer required is either shredded or destroyed.
Individuals may review their personal information contained in Wyse files by contacting the Wyse Privacy Officer. If an individual believes that any of their personal information is inaccurate, we will make appropriate corrections.
For more information on Wyse and privacy please contact our Privacy Officer:
Privacy Compliance Officer
Wyse Meter Solutions
PO Box 418 RPO Steeles West
North York, ON